We supply, install, replace, repair and service air conditioning units, ranging from Box Unit, Split system, Inverter,Cassette, MultiHead units, Ducted Split and Ducted Package Systems.
We sell Daikin & Mitsubishi Heavy Industry (MHI) air conditioners or you can install a different brand that you supply.
So you compare apples for apples when looking at other quotes:
4 x Biggest Mistakes to avoid when installing an Air Conditioner
1. Ensure your A/C is being installed by a licensed tradesmen alot of business’s advertise that they install A/C’s but are not licensed to do so. If your A/C is not installed by a licensed technician it can void your Manufacturer’s Warranty. Please refer to http://www.lookforthetick.com.au/ at the Australian Refrigerant Council (ARCtick) wedsite to double check. Our license number is AU23084 and all our tradesmen are licensed HVAC&R (Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration) technicians.
2. Use only ‘Fire Retardant’ ducting Other products fade and become brittle which will become an eyesore. This deterioration can start to show in as little a period as 12 months. For your safety and peace of mind we only use Fire Retardant ducting unlike some other businesses.
3. Only install UV & Fire rated pre-insulated pipe’s (pair coil) it is proven to last longer when subjected to UV rays and won’t break down. This means that there is no chance of the insulation degrading and causing any moisture damage (mouldy) in ceiling and wall spaces, and won’t cause your air conditioner to work harder and increasing your power bill (This can begin to occur in as little as 12 months). These materials do result in a more expensive initial installation but over the lifetime of your air conditioner will save you money.
4. All new A/C’s installations require their own isolation circuit / swtich installed & a ‘Certificate of Compliance’ (COC) issued (As per Australian standards AS/NZS 3000) a COC can only be issued by a licensed electrical contractor (this is an additional license to an electrician). Double check who you get to carry out this work is correctly licensed by referring to http://www.electricallicensing.nt.gov.au. Our Contractor license number is C0881. Unlicensed electrical installed in your building is unsafe and can be an insurance breach / liability.
By choosing K & J Burns you can be assured you will be:
- Covered for all manufacturer’s warranties
- Your A/C will be installed by a licensed technician
- You are getting quality for your money
- You can sleep peacefully at night knowing that your A/C is wired safely and is not a hazard to your home.
Various items in the work place that require regular servicing and testing are
- Test & Tagging of equipment and appliances
- Exit & Emergency Lighting
- Electrical Inspections of switchboards and electrical fittings
- Smoke Alarms
- Air Conditioning
- Lux Levels Maintained (lighting)
- Fire equipment & extinguishes